absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac

Welcome to my blog spot. In here I will post my daily news and views on everything that goes on in my world, and my personal thoughts for me and my poems as well. Feel free to leave a word for me.


Friday, February 16, 2007

My first car - Im lost!


Right so basically life's just started in Oman after a long party after graduation. Now it's down to the nit bits of mid life crisis. I mean all that freedom while studying, no tension of money or the pressure of looking after anyone, all down the hole. Now it's time to start working and looking after life. I start work tomorrow early morning, and goddamn it sucks, just the thought of it.

Anywayz thats not what the topic is about. Since I'm going to start working, I've realised Im gonna need a car real bad.. Something I could use just to take me from point A and back to Point B. Plus here in Oman, having a car is something really necessary since it forms the lifestyle that Omanis live. Something cheap, doesnt take much fuel, easy and cheap replaceble parts and ofcourse good resale value... What else could be better than the Toyota range?! So i've set up my mind on that, although suggestions are welcome... Do you think anything else beats my choice of the Toyota? Ok i admit im not rich enough to buy a super duper good looking porsche or a BMW, but hey just give me 5 years, and my arse will be rubbing the seats of one of em beauties inshallah..

So now my problem is COLOUR. No im not colour blind thankgod, but im certainly lost as to which colour I should use. Now I've set up my mind on 3 colours, BLACK, WHITE or SILVER. I love Black. Black is beautiful, but i've heard when black gets dirty, it really shows on the car (the dirt). White, well, a little scratch is like a huge one! And silver is almost like white.

So guys please help me decide..... Should it be a)Black b)White c)Silver?

Labels: , ,



8 Comments:

Blogger sensation said...

Hello there! I think this is my first comment on your blog! (a)
Even though I checked it a while ago! :p

Back to the topic, if you ask me I say go for silver :)
A nice color and it doesn't look "dirty" in no time! The problem with our weather is that it's dusty and a black ride won't look nice unless you make sure it's clean and shiny all the time :)

Toyota's are what you are looking for in terms of efficiency, cost-effectiveness and great re-sale price! I personally just hate Toyotas'! May be because my family alone owns five of them already! All CAMRYs'! I find the thought of re-sale price ridiculous when people mention it! No offense! lool! I mean you are buying sth to last for five years at least, why on earth would you think of the re-sale price?!! Unless you are planning on selling the car in less than a year from the day of purchase! :rolleyes:

One aspect people never think of, at least in our part of the world, is safety! How safe the ride is! Oh well, you are looking for sth cheap and to start with! so basically forget all what I said! :p

You are welcome to visit my blog ;)

10:59 PM

 
Blogger Castelluca said...

well, im gonna go for black that's for sure! :p mom told me it'll look dirty..but im gonna polish it 3 times a day :p

i'd go for silver since i hate white cars ^_^ and silver is pretty nice too!

interesting points there senso ;)

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Castelluca said...

ummm,

about black..i was talking about myself :p

but to answer your question..i think you better go for silver if you are not gonna clean it 3 times a day :P

just making it clear ^_^

1:49 PM

 
Blogger Talal Al AbdelSalam said...

I agree with sensation when he said safty is important too, Toyota maybe be chepear and gives you a good Milage but when i say that i mean Yaris or Echo both are around 4-5.000; and if you are talking about a Brand new Camry Or a Corolla than i think you should really check out some other Cars, they're expensive and i think the milage is quiet ok.

So by the end of the day, ill say you pick a car that you can efford and will make you happy.

I know that i didnt help, sorry. Oh and for the color Issue well Black is great if you are going to wash it twice a week that would do the job, ot else go for Silver.

1:54 PM

 
Blogger Abs said...

[b]Sensation[/b], that was a very revealing post. Wow, gee thanks! It certainly helps me a bit about what direction to take with the car issue. I did not quite understand about the safety issue though. Are toyotas not safe? Is that what you and [b]Talal[/b] are implying?

[b]Nella, thx:) I've now got my mind on either Silver or Black. I think Silver is in the lead:p

[b]Bro Talal, thx again. Im not sure which Toyota I wanna go for, but I think it's most probably Corolla or Camry. Depends now.

Im still open to suggestions beoble.

5:39 PM

 
Blogger sensation said...

Hola again! :D

Regarding the safety.. Well, we all know that you get what you pay for :)

I personally drive a VW which is considered safer than TOYOTAs'
You can experience that yourself, go to a VW showroom and you can see for yourself how heavy the doors are! TOYOTas' are just puffed with nice designs! But when it comes to safety it crumbles like a Mountain Dew can in accidents! :s

European cars are known to have a higher standard of safety :)

Why don't you have a look at VW Golf or Jetta?!! I just need to warn you that the price of their service is quite higher. Well you need to take the car for service every 15,000KM in comparison with the 5,000KM in TOYOTAs' automobiles but the price you will pay for the service alone is 50 OMR
The service charge for a TOYOTA CAMRY is 12 OMR on average :)

And the spare parts are quite expensive too! I had to replace the oil sink in my car and that alone cost me 110 OMR !!
Even the regular replaced parts like the brake pads cost more in VW. For instance in a TOYOTA usually the brake pads cost around 40 OMR maximum while in VW you will be paying 75 OMR

I hope I helped you a bit in taking a decision :)

I will check the thread on regular basis to answer any other questions of yours, in case you have any :)

11:24 PM

 
Blogger Amjad said...

A silver 1.6 ltrs Corolla will do the job!! =)

12:16 AM

 
Blogger Abs said...

Amjad, thanks for passing by dude, and a silver corolla is certainly high on my agenda! Thanks again, btw im adding you to my bloglist soon, keep rocking!

Sensation, bro cool intelligence as usual:)

11:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

My Photo
Name:
Location: Muscat, Oman

 



 





 



website counter

What'dya Think?
How do you find my blog?
Horrible
Okey Dokey
"Looks" Cool.
Nice..
Awesome!
 
 


© 2005-2006 www.absomaniac.blogspot.com. All Rights Reserved.