absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac

Welcome to my blog spot. In here I will post my daily news and views on everything that goes on in my world, and my personal thoughts for me and my poems as well. Feel free to leave a word for me.


Thursday, January 26, 2006

Rang De Basanti

I have been itching forever for a look at this movie the day it would release down here in Leicester and yesterday my prayers were answered! I finally got to watch the long coveted Aamir back in action after the disasterous "Mangal Pandey - The Rising".


Never have I seen a movie stay loyal to youth and freedom at the same time. I wasn't expecting much out of this movie except for the fact that it might have shades of Dil Chahta Hai, another popular youth flick. But this one blew my mind right from the beginning to the end, although the story got a little too ficitonal towards a pulsating climax.

This is the story of friends, a story of freedom fight of India in the 1940s India, a story of a young English journalist wanting to make a documentary on the diary left behind by her grandfather who served in the British Legion during the freedom movement of India, a story of love, a story of patriotism, story of coruptness within politicians. This is a movie that needs to be watched to be believed.

What I loved the most was the first part of the movie right to the interval. It potrayed true friendship between a group of lovable friends who stick with each other through thick and thin, and seem to have the time of their lives. Aamir as usual played a good role, but is ably supported with all the character including Mahadaven. But my favourite character has got to be Karan(Siddarth) in the movie, mostly because he represented me so much in the movie. Quiet, open minded, secluded, looks etc. Felt like as if I was right in there on the screen.

All I can say is if you watch hindi movies, even with english subtitles, it's worth the watch. Go ahead and chill for 2:30min. It wont kill you. My rating? 3/5. The second half killed it for me...

Official website - http://www.rangdebasanti.net/

 

 

My Photo
Name:
Location: Muscat, Oman

 



 





 



website counter

What'dya Think?
How do you find my blog?
Horrible
Okey Dokey
"Looks" Cool.
Nice..
Awesome!
 
 


© 2005-2006 www.absomaniac.blogspot.com. All Rights Reserved.