absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac

Welcome to my blog spot. In here I will post my daily news and views on everything that goes on in my world, and my personal thoughts for me and my poems as well. Feel free to leave a word for me.


Saturday, May 05, 2007

Random Thoughts - (The Comeback)

1. The disappearing act - Well by now most of my loyal readers will have understood and made sense of the fact that I had done a little disappearing act right in the midst of a heavy depression period. I had to. There comes a time in everyone's lives when they have to go through something so horrible, that it breaks their very meaning of existence. I went through hell, and I pray no one goes through the same inshallah. God bless, Im back and thanks everyone for their support and encouragement. I assure you Nella, Talal, Sensation et al that your good wishes did not go to waste.

2. Oman's first Online Garage Sale! (Click Here) - Yup yup, and moi is the one who created it and I really do hope that it's the first of its kind here in Oman. The idea is simple, we're moving houses and there is so much useful stuff that we dont need, yet others could make use of. So I decided to sell them (after all nothing in life comes free). What better way to do that than the medium of the internet? So we've got furniture, electronics, accessories, dvds etc that's on sale and very cheap! So far I've got quite a few buyers buying stuff, and we've made good money hamdullilah. The best thing about this is that it has acted like a mini business for me, as people can even advertise their used items on the website! Adverts for the site can be found in the times of oman Daily Guide. Do check out the site and let me know what you think.

3. Absolute Web Creations (Click Here) - My first ever business company is up and running and ready to do some serious business (?). This idea came up to me when I was in university and I thought to myself, hell why not, I can surely start my own business and work hard at it to make it successful. It took a little research into the Omani market about the same type of companies, the customers available, and above all, the demand for such a business. It all added up when I realised there was a potential for something here. Thus here is AWC with the website officially opened up on 1st of May 2007. If you need quality web desiging, Video Editing, Flyers, Logos or even Web Consultation, do ring in and let us know about your troubles. We'll blow them away!

4. OMAN FM - The one and only super duper boring radio channel of the world. Hell even the Indian radio channels with their Bhajans are a treat to the ears rather than our so called bullshit called a humiliating 90.4 FM, your one and only! Now that I've had enough of their boring song plays, djing, news (read from timesofoman), and crappy call ins, I decided to try the quiz section and see if I would win anything.

So then the cricket world cup final is going on, and the hostess (Laxmi) is asking a question on cricket. Being a simple answer, I call in and it goes something like this:

Abs: Hi, this is Oman FM right?
Laxmi: Yes, how are you?
Abs: Very good thanks and good evening.
Laxmi: Good evening.
Abs: Can I answer your question for the quiz?
Laxmi: Yes sure, what's your name please?
Abs: Abs
Laxmi: Is that your real name?
Abs: No, my real name is Abbas, but everyone calls me Abs.
Laxmi: Ok Abbas, what is your phone number?
Abbas: 92******
Laxmi: right shoot.

So I answer the question and wait to see if I had won anything. After two songs, Laxmi comes back in on the wave and goes like this:

"My my my, everyone seems to be getting this answer wrong, except for one lucky caller. The 13th caller, oh my isnt 13 a lucky number for most of you? (Sarcastically) Well Abbas or rather he prefers to call himself (With a weird voice) Abs gave the correct answer and he has won the latest David Beckham Cologne from *Store name*.

And that was it! She just moved on to the next question. She didnt even say that the FM would call me back or make any effort to say how I should go collect my prize! The Oman FM never called back and that was that. The bastards actually forgot about me loooool. Well atleast that confirms they suck. Anyone with me here?

5. Tariq (Imposter) Hilal Al Barwani - Yeah, the so called IT wanker who thinks he's the biggest IT expert in Oman. Lol, that copycat who reads most of his stuff from the montly IT magazine to answer people's queries should actually look around and approve of actual IT experts with BSc's and PHD's, rather than put up a wannabe accent on the Oman FM.

Well, the other day I was listening to his show on Oman FM (Yeah I had nothing better to do while driving), when I realised I could play a trick or two on him. There was this question and answer session going on, and people were calling in with their IT questions. They were giving him some really simple IT questions. So I called in and asked him a simple question (My sister is doing this in her 12th grade) about

*What is a digital divide, and name atleast three types*?

Loool, guess what happened next? Before I could even finish my sentence, he cut the phone and went on to say to his listeners that he had lost the line and could not connect, even though I could hear every single word of his on the phone!

The moral: "The moron did not know the answer to the question, so the best thing was to cut off the line and make an excuse that the line was lost."

Word of advice: Tariq you need to go back to Australia or Canada whichever it was, and try to pass your Bachelors without googling for answers and copying/pasting them in your thesis report.


Ok ok ok enough of my Random rants. I hope I've not bored you this, and the simple reason was to entertain you, my favourite reader. Hope to see you around.

Labels: , , , , , ,



12 Comments:

Blogger iamnasra said...

Hey how are you the coffe is getting way cold for me ...LOL ...
I was thinking on the same lane but since Im not IT person so not much I could comment on him ..hey so proud of you...So we are talking about vedio editing here I need to speak to you then..

Im glad you are back my young brother ...

11:07 PM

 
Blogger Abs said...

Thanks again Nasra, about the coffee, yeah it seems to have got really cold, I wonder why?

About video editing, anytime u need help, im there. Glad to see u here.

Keep writing.

1:49 AM

 
Blogger Castelluca said...

awesome comeback..i really feel you when it comes to Oman's FM..complete bull! and that Laxmi or whatever ..she gets on my nerves really

anyways.. ^_^ very entertaining lol

checked the online garage sale..very interesting i must say

gald you're back bro..been awhile ;)

1:53 AM

 
Blogger Amjad said...

Regarding the Online Garage Sale, if I have stuff in good condition and I want to sell them, do I have to offer them on the website or you will buy them from me then offer them?

I'm just trying to know if I should wait until someone buys my items, or you will buy them from me first then sell them on the prices you wanna sell them on...

3:35 PM

 
Blogger Elagante said...

Hey you rote the guys full name there, that’s bad man (this comes from some one never lived in Oman) as if you’ll care la?....

I’m so sorry about your downs, but after every down there is an up (that’s what my mum tells me) and it works for me, although you said my hands were weird I still think you have the cutest eye look, flirt flirt (not only to make you feel better)

Hey share your gift laaa,,,

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Abs said...

nella good to see u back here. I was smiling as I read ur reply. Hope to see more of u and me around. stay cool this harsh summer.

amjad bro, if you have any stuff for sale, you'll have to pay me to put them up on the website. I will not be buying anything from you. Once put up on the website, your contact number will be visible there, so if anyone is interested to buy ur stuff, they will call u directly.

So anytime u wanna sell somthing, just let me know. U'll be paying peanuts to put it up there mate. Think about it.

elegante I did not really get your first sentence. Yes i wrote the guy's full name so that people know who it is Im really talking about. Either way, it doesnt matter whether I've hardly lived in Oman or not. That guy is a showoff and I just wanted to point one single downside of his. The rest of his closet is full of shit. Its upto u to believe it.

Oh oh, ur making me blush now. First u rise my spirits after a bad month i've had, and now im getting praises for my eyes. Loooooool. I still like ur hands though. Weirdly cute.

Just name the gift...it's urs(hint hint)

12:49 AM

 
Blogger Amjad said...

Abs: Thanks for the explanation bro ..

I have many stuff here which are in very good condition and I don't use them anymore.

I'll surely contact you when I want to sell them.

6:27 AM

 
Blogger Abs said...

Amjad anytime dude.

2:13 AM

 
Blogger Solafa said...

Hi Abs,

LOL at your comments in regards to the IT man.

Well, for sur eno one is perfect and i am sure her had his own reasons behind what he had done. am not going to defend his actions though.

But, can i just say something.

Tariq albrawani is my brother in law :p married to my cousin. :)

11:10 PM

 
Blogger Abs said...

Hi Solafa, Thanks for passing by. Where were you lost my dear sister?

Either way, I just wanted to say that it doesnt matter to me who's relative Tariq is, I only said that because of the rude way he behaved. He could have been a bit more optimistic or corteous, and we could have reached an agreement point.

If you felt bad, because he's your brother in law, then im sorry.

1:38 PM

 
Blogger Solafa said...

Sallam Abs,

Am around in this life, still alive alhamdulilah.

by the wya i was not defending Tariq or any thing.

Every one is entitle to give out their thoughts and opinion.

What you said is your own way to view it and i am not mad or angry or any thing. Infact It does not bother me at all...

So chill out and enjoy your stay in Oman ;)

11:06 PM

 
Blogger Deconstructing Tariq said...

I couldn't agree with your more. Tariq is a show-off and a fake. His ego is bigger than the entire universe.

He has no clue about programming; he throws a bunch of buzzwords around and copies everything from other sources.

You should check out http://deconstructingtariq.wordpress.com

That story about you calling into FM was pretty funny. I'm not surprised he cut the call. He's a charlatan.

12:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

My Photo
Name:
Location: Muscat, Oman

 



 





 



website counter

What'dya Think?
How do you find my blog?
Horrible
Okey Dokey
"Looks" Cool.
Nice..
Awesome!
 
 


© 2005-2006 www.absomaniac.blogspot.com. All Rights Reserved.