absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac

Welcome to my blog spot. In here I will post my daily news and views on everything that goes on in my world, and my personal thoughts for me and my poems as well. Feel free to leave a word for me.


Friday, December 23, 2005

OldBoy

This is one hell of a movie that I've not yet got to watch, and I so can't wait to watch it. It's been mocking hollywood on it's toes since it won the best film at cannes. I tried all tricks on the P2P hulla, but alas could not get it. Tried torrent, too slow. Im one of those who dont bother buying DVDs since it's nothing but a complete waste of money, when free options are available! So yeah, havent been able to download the movie, but hopefully soon, I'll get hold of it.

The Story:

An average man is kidnapped and imprisoned in a shabby cell for 15 years without explanation. He then is released, equipped with money, a cellphone and expensive clothes. As he strives to explain his imprisonment and get his revenge, he soon finds out that not only his kidnapper has still plans for him, but that those plans will serve as the even worse finale to 15 years of imprisonment.


What draws me towards this or any other South Korean or Hong Kong movies, is the style and substance used in all of their work. It's like watching a painter painting a great masterpiece. To name a few would include, my favourite "The Hero starring Jet Li", "House of Flying Daggers" and ofcourse most of Jackie Chan's hong kong movies, not forgetting "Ong Bak" with Tony Ja as the new Jackie Chan on the horizon. (Just got hold of Tony Ja's new movie Tom Yum Goong and will be giving the reviews soon after I watch it.)

For now, I'll keep dreaming of Old Boy.

Official Site Here
Trailer Here



3 Comments:

Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Won best film award at Cannes.. impressive :)
It just made my must-see list.. I'll be waiting for a review from you once you've seen it

7:47 AM

 
Blogger Degoat said...

im gonna try to look for the movie as well..

seems amazing

G

10:50 AM

 
Blogger Abs said...

I'll be watching the movie tomorrow guys, as I've got hold of it through p2p. Watch for the review coming soon!

2:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

My Photo
Name:
Location: Muscat, Oman

 



 





 



website counter

What'dya Think?
How do you find my blog?
Horrible
Okey Dokey
"Looks" Cool.
Nice..
Awesome!
 
 


© 2005-2006 www.absomaniac.blogspot.com. All Rights Reserved.