absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac - absomaniac

Welcome to my blog spot. In here I will post my daily news and views on everything that goes on in my world, and my personal thoughts for me and my poems as well. Feel free to leave a word for me.


Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Serendipity of Life

"I wrote this poem last night as I was at work, a little bored. For a long time, I have been wanting to write a long poem, as majority of my poems are short. Plus I've used the sonnets style of poetry writing here, which is new to me and untested. But im happy with the result."

The Serendipity of Life

1

Under the frozen lamp he stared

Cold gushes of pain through his breath

Adjusting his collar he sat there and waited

Life was slowly slipping away

All blur seemed like magical hypnotism

A silent cough let out a stream of murky blood

For a moment, he revolved feverously

Each rotation setting forth more spewed gag

Finally the spinning stopped

Momentarily hell beckoned

He was not going to give up easily today

Poverty had made him a fighter after all



2

It had been a long eventful day at work

Tiring, heavy bags beneath her eyes

Home summoned her from far away

As she lurched on to her destination

From far away the merciless clouds promised gloom

Her walk was surely ill fated with cold doom

Fleetingly, for a second, she stopped

Her heart reached out to the man beneath the frozen lamp

Was he dead, why does he tremble?

Awkwardly her feet followed her heart

She couldn’t part, he moaned for silent help

Finally she let out a hand of aid



3


He had waited in the scrubs for a long time

Now was the time to pounce

Stealthily he moved around the two

And approached her from behind

His shinning dagger glowed in the shadows

He yelled for money, poised to strike

Wait a minute, which is that man she helps?

He is half dead, and yet she aids

In her trembling eyes he saw an angel

The most beautiful ever, a simmering glow

The tear dropped with the stiletto

“Forgive me, I shall go”

He was gone before she could utter



4


She stood there for a while, confused in bewilderment

Her wavering hand pinched her to life

The man was in need of attention, and she was going to do it

God had given her the strength tonight

She had to abet him


5


In the glory of the morning dusk

Two figures stumbled along the path

A slow and painful journey it pictured

Life was at the Almighty’s altar

Two lone strangers fighting death and gloom

Finally her house bloomed over the horizon

God had answered her prayers

She would look to him through the night



6


The first ray of sunlight hit his eyes

It stirred the life in him, as he opened his soul

God had made a mistake

He was supposed to be in hell, not in heaven

Wait a minute

He had survived, he smirked, and he had done it

Death was played upon and cheated

He had made it through the night, but how?

He looked around and a chill passed his bones


A woman lay dead on the floor.


Copyright Abs 2005.



1 Comments:

Blogger iamnasra said...

This is the most amazing poem I have ever read from you..my heart forgot to beat as I read your words

3:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

My Photo
Name:
Location: Muscat, Oman

 



 





 



website counter

What'dya Think?
How do you find my blog?
Horrible
Okey Dokey
"Looks" Cool.
Nice..
Awesome!
 
 


© 2005-2006 www.absomaniac.blogspot.com. All Rights Reserved.